Job Title: Senior DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: CTO
Position type: Full time
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the #1 ranked camping app on both iOS and Android. With over 1 million user-submitted campgrounds, reviews, and tips — more than anyone else on the Internet — The Dyrt makes it easier to find campgrounds for the 80+ million Americans who camp.
The Dyrt is seeking a skilled operations engineer with experience managing and operating Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure. As our first dedicated ops hire, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape what our ops landscape looks like for the future.
This is a full-time, remote position. We’re primarily based in Portland, OR and expect working hours to overlap at least 4 hours with 9am–5pm US Pacific time.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Manage and operate the cloud infrastructure components that run The Dyrt: currently Google Cloud + GKE Kubernetes, configured with Terraform
- Collaborate with our development and data teams to automate deployment of applications, jobs, and services
- Define operational procedures, on-call management, and incident response plans
- Contribute to our long-term architecture and infrastructure roadmap
- Create and implement monitoring tools to provide visibility into infrastructure and application performance, stability, uptime, and cost
- Optimize for performant content delivery through CDN implementation and cache management
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a DevOps, site reliability, or software engineering role
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure components (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc), operating Kubernetes, and working with containerized workloads
- Familiarity with Terraform or similar infrastructure automation tools
- Linux administration expertise
- Fluency in at least one programming language
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience running Ruby and/or NodeJS applications in production
- Knowledge of automated infrastructure testing practices
- Experience defining and optimizing dynamic application scaling
- Familiarity with content delivery and cache control for HTML, image, and video content
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a resume, and answer all questions included in the application.