About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the #1 ranked camping app on both iOS and Android. With more than 1 million user-submitted campgrounds, reviews, and tips — more than anyone else on the Internet — The Dyrt makes it easier to find campgrounds for the 80+ million people who camp across the United States.
This is a full-time, remote position. We’re primarily based in Portland, OR and expect working hours to overlap +/- 3 hours with US Pacific time.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators. Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work collaboratively and independently. You’ll be working on a team of 2 to 3 developers. We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge. Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work closely with design and API developers on the implementation of new product features.
- Collaborate on a full app re-write to transition the app to more stable dependencies and a modern stack.
- Update and maintain existing features and functionality.
- Help bring us to 100% test coverage.
- Reviewing pull requests from other members of the Mobile team.
- Responding to support requests and fixing bugs on the app.
- Assist with releases to the apple app store and google play store.
- 5+ years experience with 3+ years of react-native.
- Ability to integrate and debug native dependencies.
- An appreciation for, and abilities to support, your development with appropriate testing
- You are committed to equity. You will respect and value your coworkers opinions no matter their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- Familiarity with Redux (or another Flux-like system)
- Knowledge of app store distribution processes
- Experience with native iOS and / or Android.
- Experience with React hooks.